I haven’t done a tag in AGES, so I thought I could do this fun post for a change. I don’t remember where I got it, but it’s a very popular tag…
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I don’t want to repeat myself, so I’m going to go with Dare Me by Megan Abbott. I don’t know if I read it at a bad time or what, but I remember hating it. It’s one of those that I feel I might want to give another chance to see if my tastes have changed (or not!).
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
Okay, so no “hate”, but I checked out my GR and the average ratings, and Emma Flint’s Little Deaths has such a low rating… and I loved it. And also Perennials by Mandy Berman and Good as Gone by Amy Gentry.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
🤔 I don’t know. Twilight? I never liked Edward. Oh, and I read them ages ago, but I remember I didn’t like Dimitri (Vampire Academy) and I was all for Adrian (?) but I don’t even remember how that series ended, so 🤷♀️
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I’d say New Adult. Well, anything that deals with older teens/twenty-somethings being really dramatic about their romantic lives and not thinking of anything else.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Gale from The Hunger Games. I don’t even know why exactly, but I was always annoyed by him.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I haven’t enjoyed Megan Miranda’s books as much as I wanted. And she seems to write exactly my kind of stories, but nope, not for me…
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
Love triangles with the best friend and the new love interest. Ugh. Also, the apparent “normal” girl who suddenly discovers she has powers/she’s rich/she’s part of a powerful family…
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Lord of the Rings, but I could name a few. Also, I wouldn’t read Game of Thrones either.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I’ve already said it, but Practical Magic, for example.